Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Petrol or Diesel 5 years 3 weeks ago #7

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
What revs does the petrol do at exactly 70mph?, that would be my question. Can't beat a new modern lazy low reving diesel for a stress free life for the engine and the driver, :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Petrol or Diesel 5 years 3 weeks ago #8

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I've got the 7 speed auto box in my 1.2 Petrol and at 70mph it's showing about 2250 rpm which is fairly leisurely. I don't think I've ever taken it much over 3000 rpm in the 12 months I've had the car.
As a driver who averages about 6000 miles p.a.I'm happy with my choice. The engine and auto change is very smooth and if I didn't know what was under the bonnet I would guess at a much bigger power train.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Petrol or Diesel 5 years 3 weeks ago #9

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I have 1.6 diesel 130 HP with manual transmission . At 100km/h engine runs at 1950 rpm in 6th gear... I do 20.000 km annually so diesel all the way. I avoid use it for driving from door to door, for that have another petrol driven car. Enjoy driving it with every single km...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Petrol or Diesel 5 years 3 weeks ago #10

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

I've got the 7 speed auto box in my 1.2 Petrol and at 70mph it's showing about 2250 rpm which is fairly leisurely. I don't think I've ever taken it much over 3000 rpm in the 12 months I've had the car.
As a driver who averages about 6000 miles p.a.I'm happy with my choice. The engine and auto change is very smooth and if I didn't know what was under the bonnet I would guess at a much bigger power train.

It's actually lower than I expected, the 1.5dci gives exactly 2000rpm at 70mph

Petrol or Diesel 4 years 11 months ago #11

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Just thought I'd add to the posts about this subject ref my recent experience of fuel consumption. I filled up with a 98 octane petrol at my supermarket filling station to give the engine "a treat" and to see what difference it would make. On a round trip from Weston to Bridport the computer indicated 46 mpg-much better than I've achieved before, helped no doubt by 50mph speed limit on a large stretch of the M5.
But the next round trip to Swindon (120 miles, all motorway) returned 43 mpg. So this is the fuel I will use when possible. It justifies a few more pence per litre rather than just going for the cheapest at the pump.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Petrol or Diesel 4 years 11 months ago #12

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I always fill at Tesco but get Momentum rather than the standard fuel. Best I ever had was about 46mpg on a run from Bristol to Hastings, wasn't quite as good Hastings to Bristol.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds