• Page:

TOPIC:

Has anyone noticed? 5 years 6 months ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hybrid and Electric Cars, who have noticed the reference to them on this site outside of the actual forum?

Are you in agreement with the government reasoning?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Has anyone noticed? 5 years 6 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
that's a dam good point.

lets be honest diesel in the UK is going to outcast, after years of telling us how good it was and getting the car mfg to produce them at a lower cost.

lets look at the facts, Diesel is dirty, carcinogenic crap left over from other processes, it is true a diesel car can run on any combustible fuel as it uses compression ignition and does do more MPG than others. it provides more torque at a low speed ideal to move large loads. and that's the case, it's brilliant for HGV up the m,way or moving trains about but for cars in town?

we see now the pollution in the towns increasing so the future unless we don't care about breathing is Electric.   the oil isnt running out, well it is but not for a long time 50 years ago we had shortages and it was running low. its all down to money, keep us paying out more and more for fuel, i could write pages on this so i wont.

Down to oil companies we are 50 years behind the electric car revolution, what holds it beck, charging points and the speed you can get power into the battery. we have electric cars that can do 300 mile range but take 8 hours to charge up, isnt ideal. 

Hybrid, best of both worlds and the best on offer at the moment and mainstream co like Toyota have pioneered this tec. i am looking to change the car next year and Hybrid is the way i am going, all my research shows that the cars battery life is dependant on the number of cycles it has done. some taxis are doing 100,000 miles plus still on the original battery  some are finding 2 years the battery is dead.

for me, leasing the car for 3 years full maintenance i dont care about battery life, i am looking at recharge rates, distance traveled on the battery, things like that. and its only the infrastructure stopping me going full electric, as 99% of my driving is local in town less than 25 miles mostly less.

the future i would like to see is, removable battery packs, not having to pop out 100 AA recharge batteries when that bit of cloth to get the bottom ones out is missing.but power cells, petrol stations could be used change the use to electricity,  the infrastructure is in place, to  have a stock of charged cells and you swap your s for a full one, pay and go   

lets look at the future and see what the future holds 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Has anyone noticed? 5 years 6 months ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Have no faith in the government working class people cannot afford electric cars, it’s still early how long does the battery pack last, I had an xtrail on lpg tax saving was £10 a year... mostly water came out of the exhaust but the car manufacturer don’t seem to want to make them on mass... why is that...

Has anyone noticed? 5 years 6 months ago #4

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
i to have had 3 cars converted to lpg, fantastic savings when you do 15mpg the cost of gas was less than half that of petrol so it was like running a fiesta.

there were a couple of cars converted by the mfg, i can remember a volvo but the others elude me 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Has anyone noticed? 5 years 6 months ago #5

• Stevieboy
  • Thank you received: 9
Vauxhall and Volvo made a few dual fuel cars, probably around the late '80s or early '90s. I had a '97 Jag XJ6 running on LPG 3-4 years ago; 19 mpg didn't feel so bad at 50p a litre, it was the equivalent of 35 mpg at unleaded prices.
1.6dCi 4WD in Flame Red, now replaced by Hyundai Tucson 1.6T-GDi Sport Edition

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds