Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar 2016 Parking Brake issue (car not starting) - HELP 3 years 3 months ago #1

• ChatsRK2016
  • ChatsRK2016's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,
Firstly I'm new...apologies if this has already been covered, I had a look but couldnt see any threads myself..

We bought a 2016 Kadjar Feb 2020, all been great and the missus loves it - now the Manufacturers 4yr warranty is up, of course...the problems start! ha!

This morning, went to start the car and the "parking Brake failure" message came up on dash, the actual electronic handbrake switch light is flashing, along with a completely annoying bleeping sound!
The car will not start/move and the handbrake of course, wont release...

any ideas/help?

Given time of year, the garages are shut....apart from Renault (and lets just say the local renault garage are a waste of time)
Should I just get it recovered or is there a way to "reset" this so I can drive it to my own local garage...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walneyisland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar 2016 Parking Brake issue (car not starting) - HELP 3 years 3 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then see if it clears.

Kadjar 2016 Parking Brake issue (car not starting) - HELP 3 years 3 months ago #3

• ChatsRK2016
  • ChatsRK2016's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you @darrenh

Checked the battery and it was flat....stuck a charger on for a short while and the car started, took it for a long run etc and eventually all the lights/info on the dash cleared and went back to normal.

Thankfully all sorted for now

Kadjar 2016 Parking Brake issue (car not starting) - HELP 3 years 3 months ago #4

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I put the charger on mine every two weeks since lockdown and working from home, neighbour's think I'm mad, but at least I won't get caught out for what takes an hour.

Kadjar 2016 Parking Brake issue (car not starting) - HELP 3 years 3 months ago #5

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Glad you got it sorted, Unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look at it the ecus register faults when low voltage is present.

Usually all sorts of messages of faults popping up on the display. Even while the car is running if you have a cell on the way out it’ll drag the voltage down from the smart alternator and again give faults.
Always worth a first check and I agree putting a charger on every so often will keep the battery topped up especially at this time of the year and doing sort runs the battery takes some hammer an doesn’t get chance to recover

Thank you @darrenh

Checked the battery and it was flat....stuck a charger on for a short while and the car started, took it for a long run etc and eventually all the lights/info on the dash cleared and went back to normal.

Thankfully all sorted for now

Kadjar 2016 Parking Brake issue (car not starting) - HELP 10 months 1 week ago #6

• Walneyisland
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for that,we don,t use our 3 year old car much,so went out to start car, and no start,flashing handbrake light ,and brake warning light beeping.Put a jump pack on and it started straight away,
Why no mention of this in the handbook ? Renault must be aware,if they did trails on all the systems before they released them ?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds