Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

R-link android issue 2 years 1 month ago #7

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
That’s an awfully old software version, 2.2.19.300 was the latest for that branch before V3 came along. Within V2 there’s been 4 updates, odd numbers upto 19 since 11.
Bluetooth connectivity was heavily featured in these.

v2 wasn’t capable of running android auto, so that’s the reason Aone has suggested the dealer, it has to be done via the dealer upgrade it to V7, it was done as a cure to a few issues such as the DAB stability and BT functionality.

Aone I’d be interested in the self update V7 to V9 is there a link anywhere please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R-link android issue 2 years 1 month ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
 You  can find the instruction in the PDF below, thanks to Ignazio Vizzini from the Italian Megan IV Facebook group. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/666097640404315)

There's nothing special in the procedure, except having in mind you can't skip the step V7-V8. So, once the dealer's garage has updated to the buggy and slow V7 (at least it was my case), you can update to V8 by only inserting the flash drive and then once more the same to V9. V9 is much less latent and fast to navigate though I'm with 9.0.34.610 but my laziness and lack of spare time is the reason I'm not with RLink 9.0.35.500 yet. Keep in mind, all the maps are deleted by the update. You have to reinstall them by yourself. Another thing is you have to install the original set first and then try to upload a custom set. The road signs (.fda files) are no longer possible to be added to the custom sets and an error appears if they're present in the map set you're trying to upload. After update to V9.0.34.610 I found two issues. First one is the sound of the radio sometime goes quiet, mainly when the beeping of the parking sensor start and then it stays low until the RLink or the engine are restarted. Don't know if it has something to do with the software, but it was not present before and is very random. Second issue is sometimes when searching for gas stations along the route, the menu is grayed out. Have not figured a pattern yet. I hope that with the upgrade to 35 this would be gone, but still not done it as all the procedure would last about 15 minutes for the software, 2 hours for the maps and 10 minutes of settings and reentering Favorite addresses.

- Instructions

RLink 9.0.35.500.zip

mm2014_upgrade_igo_903550x_patched.zip - unlock modified maps storage

mm2014_upgrade_igo_8032500_gz.zip - restore original state

1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:R-link android issue 2 years 1 month ago #9

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just updated to V9.35. Used the original map set and replaced what I find useful to be updated. One hour downloading the new HERE set (2021.Q4) including compiling and copying and 40 minutes uploading in the car. Then another 15 minutes reentering favorite addresses and checking settings through all the menus. All the settings are saved, so nothing to adjust there.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:R-link android issue 2 years 1 month ago #10

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Do you have complete set of maps including 3D buildings? If yes, torrent pls…
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

R-link android issue 2 years 1 month ago #11

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Fda files are not supported from V7 and onwards… 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Re:Re:R-link android issue 2 years 1 month ago #12

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Do you have complete set of maps including 3D buildings? If yes, torrent pls…

No, the buildings are missing in the last release I've got. I'm using the ones from 2021.Q2

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds