Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 11 months ago #619

• traganeus
  • Thank you received: 0
Happy ending here guys. I left my car to the dealership today and after 6 hours they finished the update. Now I'm on 7.0.24.161 version. My mobile works perfect and also parking camera and sensors are working fine.

​​​​​​I paid 50€ for this. Next project is to enable Android Auto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 9 months ago #620

• maximiliano
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there!

I have recently bough a used 2015 1,5 dci 110HP Kadjar with the original software version 2.2.11.803 and boot version 4409. Following the procedure described in the tutorial: 

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/files-319/1612317169_Update20RLINK20tutorial_ENG.pdf

I have downloaded the software version 3.3.16.98x, placed it on the flash USB and updated (no errors or problems during updating). After I started the engine the next day I have noticed that the rlink wouldn't launch automatically or with button press unless I restart the rlink (long hold of the button, change of ambient light color dispaly on the screen above the wheel) and wait some time. The other problems are well-know (rear guiding lines for parking are too narrow and decalibrated and voice commands are not working) but the issue with rlink is quite tiring as the rear camera and parking sensors won't appear on the screen without rlink. Can anyone help with the Developmer Mode / DDT4ALL or software downgrade advices which would solve the problem? The only reason for me to update the software was to have the possibility to download the new maps for navigation - I am aware of the fact that the CarPlay won't be an option without new radio / usb slot etc.

Regards,
Mikolaj

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 8 months ago #621

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi everyone. 
I was looking at upgrading my USB ports so that i can have Carplay support, but i am not sure if it will work or not. Updated from 2.2. to 3.3.16 and everything is working. Now, checking a few websites i dont really understand if replacing the USB port will help allow Carplay (being already activated from Developer options), or the Rlink unit misses also some other hardware.

Can anyone confirm if replacing the USB ports will help or not? 

Thank you.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 8 months ago #622

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

with 1st generation of device changing USB ports will not help you because your device does not a PCB that CarPlay needs soldered on mainboard… unfortunately, because CarPlay is came at latter time than R-Link2 was officely issued
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 8 months ago #623

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Thank you Robert. 

So either a new unit built after 2018 + new usb port (that has carplay support) or leave as is and stick to Android :)
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 8 months ago #624

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
That is right...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds