Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 months ago #13

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

There is quite a long thread on this HERE and also an Article HERE that may be of use to you.

I would wait until you get the car, find out what version of RLINK it is running and then go from there.

We now have the car (a 2015 model), which DID have RLink 2.2.17, but my impatient other half has now updated it to 2.19.300 before I had a chance to read through any of the information here (and, as he puts it "While I don’t mind playing around with non-supported software on my phone or pc, or DVR, I’m not sure I want to be doing that on a car.") - so I guess we're stuffed?  

Having said that, the Article doesn't seem to differentiate between different variants of 2.2.  And what are the risks of updating to unsupported software? 

The long thread appears to be more to do with enabling Developer Mode, rather than updating RLink / adding Android Auto though.  

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'll try to stay on topic from now on.

It's good that you updated to 2.2.19.300 - that is the latest officially supported version for your R-Link 2 unit.

From here you have two options - you either wait for Renault to issue official update to go either 3.3 or 7, or you go ahead and install the unofficial and unsupported 3.3 port as per the Article instructions. The procedure for updating to unofficial 3.3 is basically the same as what you did to go to 2.2.19.300, only the update file you'll be using is not prepared by Renault.

For what I am aware there's a 100% success rate for installing the unofficial 3.3. There are a few known issues with it, one being the reverse camera guidelines misalignment, which is easily fixable with a ddt4all tweak (you need OBD2 device for that).

As for official update - there is no timeline for when (if at all) that will be available.

To answer the question "can you get Android Auto" - yes, you can get it by installing the unofficial 3.3 update for your R-Link 2 unit. I myself have a 2015 Kadjar which too originally came with 2.2.17, and is currently updated to 3.3.16.960 with Android Auto enabled.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: juwlz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 months ago #14

• ninsei
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I am going to finally flash my Kadjar to get Android Auto.
I have however some of questions:
- how can I go back to 2.2.19.300? Are there files available to downgrade?
- will upgrade to 3.something affect my subscription to live traffic services? I really like this feature and I have already renewed subscription twice in past years (my car had 1yr included in price, is in its 3rd year),
- these 'few known issues' - how do these issues with guidelines look like, are there any guides on forum or youtube, or anywhere else showing how to correct them?
And additional questions:
- OBD2 device needed for ddt4all tweak - any guides on it, hardware suggestions, etc?
- new maps - are those compatible with traffic services?

My Kadjar (2016 Night&Day edition) has just passed its 2 years long guarantee, and I think I can do some tweaks now. I was very disappointed with lack of Android Auto upgrade, so this is the priority now.
Thank you in advance for answers.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 months ago #15

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Yes, there are also links on original documents for downgrade image. Otherwise can Admin/Mod uploaded it to download section. I have it.
- will upgrade to 3.something affect my subscription to live traffic services? I really like this feature and I have already renewed subscription twice in past years (my car had 1yr included in price, is in its 3rd year),
As far as I noticed, TomTom live traffic works perfect after upgrade. Just wait on message that maps 2017.12 were successfully activated on your device 
- these 'few known issues' - how do these issues with guidelines look like, are there any guides on forum or youtube, or anywhere else showing how to correct them?
To correct guidelines you need ELM adapter and DDT4ALL software with latest ECU database (findable on net)
- OBD2 device needed for ddt4all tweak - any guides on it, hardware suggestions, etc?
I bought this one Amazon ELM and works perfect
If you do not patch iGo partition then you can not upload any other maps other then original from R-Link store you bought/have subscription. To patch iGo to accept other maps you do not need to upgrade on 3.3.16.96x...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: ninsei

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 months ago #16

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Yes, there are also links on original documents for downgrade image. Otherwise can Admin/Mod uploaded it to download section. I have it.
As far as I noticed, TomTom live traffic works perfect after upgrade. Just wait on message that maps 2017.12 were successfully activated on your device 
To correct guidelines you need ELM adapter and DDT4ALL software with latest ECU database (findable on net)
I bought this one Amazon ELM and works perfect
If you do not patch iGo partition then you can not upload any other maps other then original from R-Link store you bought/have subscription. To patch iGo to accept other maps you do not need to upgrade on 3.3.16.96x...

See HERE for Article on upgrade

All the files you want should be HERE
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: ninsei

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 months ago #17

• vibeweb
  • Thank you received: 0
As a Megane IV owner this is very interresting - anyone know of anyone tried it on the Megane IV R-Link2 ? My version is 2.2.19.300 so it sounds compatible

There is not really a similar forum like this for Megane owners in Europe -but thanks anyway!

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 months ago #18

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Hi

actually first upgrade instruction without any calculating checks went out on Italian Megane forum. So I assume that upgrade/patch is also compatibile with Megane version of R-Link (which is in basics same as in Kadjar).
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds