Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Alternate launcher for the RADNAV/RLINK2 and WIFI Hotspot 4 years 2 months ago #1

• mike2156
  • mike2156's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys, I wonder if it's possible to install an alternate launcher onto the Rlink2?
It seems to me that the standard interface is just a Renault specific android launcher and if we had a rather talented android developer, we could build a launcher that allows us access to some of the features such as dev side with a bit more ease.
Maybe even have the potential to add Spotify and some other native apps to it, we could then have our own data contracts.

I also wonder if it's possible to retrofit a WIFI module to the system and setup a wireless hotspot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alternate launcher for the RADNAV/RLINK2 and WIFI Hotspot 4 years 2 months ago #2

• mike2156
So I guess it's an impossible feat then... That's unfortunate.

Alternate launcher for the RADNAV/RLINK2 and WIFI Hotspot 4 years 2 months ago #3

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Building a app is the easy part.
Find how to put it on the system and connecting it to the internals + other apps and services the car offers, thats the tricky part. If someone owns a unit that is not used, everything can be tested.
Basically, having android on the car unit, means you can connect a usb wifi dongle if there is a usb port on the back. if the system is intact, it should detect it automatically. i have yet to test this, after i find out more about the device itself.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike2156

Last edit: by Trak-X.

Alternate launcher for the RADNAV/RLINK2 and WIFI Hotspot 4 years 2 months ago #4

• mike2156
Best bet for that would be to look at a breakers/scrap yard that has a smashed up car and slightly clueless owners to get a cheap unit. I'll endevour too look around.

Alternate launcher for the RADNAV/RLINK2 and WIFI Hotspot 4 years 2 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Device V1 costs as OEM part arround 50 bucks...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Alternate launcher for the RADNAV/RLINK2 and WIFI Hotspot 4 years 2 months ago #6

• mike2156
That's not that bad, if you think you may be up to it or someone on here is. We could probably get 50 bucks together to buy a test unit.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds