Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rlink Toolbox not seeing USB with car info 4 years 1 month ago #1

• R5gtt
  • R5gtt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Some advice please?
I am trying to check my car for latest updates and possibly doing a map purchase and update.
However my issue is that when i connect a usb to my laptop and open the toolbox it doesnt see the cars info.
I have formatted to Fat 32 and inserted into the car with the engine runing and the audio on left the usb plugged in for a couple of minutes, then disconnected and inserted into laptop only for the toolbox not to acknowledge the usb. It has two files on the USB after removing from the car . So the issue is something related to the RLink Toolbox software.
Any suggestions ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rlink Toolbox not seeing USB with car info 4 years 1 month ago #2

• Mäkitalo
Try launching the Toolbox as administrator. Right click Toolbox icon and there Run as administrator (or something like that) sorry my english.

Rlink Toolbox not seeing USB with car info 4 years 3 weeks ago #3

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

Some advice please?
I am trying to check my car for latest updates and possibly doing a map purchase and update.
However my issue is that when i connect a usb to my laptop and open the toolbox it doesnt see the cars info.
I have formatted to Fat 32 and inserted into the car with the engine runing and the audio on left the usb plugged in for a couple of minutes, then disconnected and inserted into laptop only for the toolbox not to acknowledge the usb. It has two files on the USB after removing from the car . So the issue is something related to the RLink Toolbox software.
Any suggestions ?

You may have something similar to me. I have two versions of the Toolbox (don't know how) One has software 1.7.3 and works OK. The other has a version called Pre-Prod with software 1.8.2. This one doesn't recognise anything from the car.
Perhaps make sure you have the first version. Download it again if necessary.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Rlink Toolbox not seeing USB with car info 4 years 3 weeks ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Have any of you guys contacted Renault Connect about your issues, they are probably best qualified to resolve this for you as they can see what, if anything, you are connected to.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Rlink Toolbox not seeing USB with car info 4 years 3 weeks ago #5

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

Have any of you guys contacted Renault Connect about your issues, they are probably best qualified to resolve this for you as they can see what, if anything, you are connected to.

I have a feeling it may have come down the pipe the last time I logged on to the Toolbox website but you have a point. I'll try and let you know when (and if!) I get a response.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Rlink Toolbox not seeing USB with car info 4 years 3 weeks ago #6

• R5gtt
  • R5gtt's Avatar Topic Author
Ok i have resolved this just by using a different USB stick. dont understand what is the difference as all were formatted to FAT32.
Anyway its sorted. So for future help to anyone if you have an issue try different USB sticks.:) :) :) :)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds