Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question about upgrading and downgrading 3 years 10 months ago #1

• Doondoons
  • Doondoons's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
So about a year ago following the forum's guidance, I upgraded my head unit to V3 from V2 and I have noticed there is now a V9 available now, when I tried to upgrade it told me you can't downgrade or something similar.

I never did get android auto to work with V3, just couldn't get the dev menu up even with a stylus, So my question, should I downgrade to install V9 or is what I have better anyway? I really would like Android auto.

I also can't seem to find a working link to the downgrade if anyone has one.

My car is an early 2016 model and I got the V9 upgrade from the renault site after entering my VIN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Doondoons.

Question about upgrading and downgrading 3 years 10 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Well, there were upgrades from 2.2.19.300 to 7.x but only at authorised garages. Upgrading procedure requires to be online with Renault net. Despite that, a lot of devices were flashed (ruined) due to errors in upgrade procedure. At my authorised garage representative said (he is a good friend) that he would not recomend do upgrade. If device become unusable, waiting time is a few months to get a new one... If I have upgraded to 3.3.16.9x, enabled AA and hack navigation there is no real benefit of upgrading...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds