Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #25

• karl70
  • Thank you received: 6
Found this on the web

https://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/16-faults-problems/3181-excessive-oil-consumption.html

As the new owner of a used 2016 model this is very concerning
Signature s nav bose Nov 2016 model, currently at 7500 miles. 1.2 petrol, glacier white, R-link2 Version: 2.2.19.300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by karl70.

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #26

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I bought my Kadjar in April last year and it's currently done 6500 miles.
At the start, I found that the oil level was below max so I topped it up to max. Since then, I haven't needed to add any oil and it's still near the top of the dipstick.
I don't think excessive oil consumption is inherent in Renault engines.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #27

• karl70
So, this morning i decided to check my oil level . The car had been sitting all night. iI removed the dip stick , wiped and popped it back in, when it was retrieved again the stick appeared to be slightly coated or streaked with oil way way past the maximum line ..but.. there was a heavier amount right on the end of the stick... i repeated the dip a couple more times with the same result. I couldn't quite decide whether the dip stick was dragging on some oil somewhere thus streaking the stick with oil or if it has been massively overfilled at the renault garage,
I popped into the local renault dealer (not the one I purchased it off) to get a boittle of oil before my long run on monday ...just in case. but theyd just left and couldnt get any. i did manage to speak with the parts manager though and he suggested I pop into another dealer on the way upto hull on monday just to have it checked. he also said that it was coming up on my reg as a different oil 30/10 i think he said? when itd normally a different one for the kadjars 40/10? cant quite remember the numbers exactly but he was a bit surprised..

It left me wondering if the renault dealer I'd bought the car from had tried to hide something?
Signature s nav bose Nov 2016 model, currently at 7500 miles. 1.2 petrol, glacier white, R-link2 Version: 2.2.19.300

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #28

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Karl70, I think the oil you should be looking for is 5W40.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #29

• Boyko
  • Boyko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Checking the oil level on the dip stick can be a bit tricky as the stick is dragging oil on the way out. Just try to keep it from touching the sides of the tube for the last few inches when pulling out and it should be clear the level of oil.

As for the oil 5w40 is the one Renault puts in 1.2 tce
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #30

• karl70
thanks boyko, ill give it another go .
right so the main dealer put in my reg and it came up 10/ 30 or 10/40 ...cant remember which but it was deffo 10/? definelty ! so somethings awry somewhere. What makes me wonder is whats in it now and why?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds