TOPIC:

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #1

• Boyko
  • Boyko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi,

Got a "top up oil level" for the second time in life. Car is serviced last November, 7300km on the clock since then. Added oil and all is good. Last time it happened was 7k km after the previous service - same thing.

Curious and wonder if anybody else had to top up oil on their 1.2 tce so far.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Sorry to disappoint you, but lots of 1,2s suffer from this. Better get it fixed under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #3

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Question is: is there an issue to fix? Manufacturer considers it "normal", at least a few of the Sofia dealers I called do. As a liter of oil is ~8 euro here, topping up once between two services doesn't seem unreasonable. I just wonder if it is indeed common for 1.2 or mine is exception (which then classifies it as an issue).

I guess I need to do some proper research but so far what I read is just some forum posts from people which assume *any* oil consumption is bad. At the same time what I get is that the engine is built with reduced friction in mind in order to lower fuel consumption and meet the eco standards which then elevates oil usage to a certain level. In order to confirm this I'd like to know if anyone else driving the 1.2 tce has had to to top up oil so far.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwyn

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I think for a petrol engine that is not good. I have a diesel van with nearly 75000 miles on the clock and has done about 23000 miles before an advisory message told me to top up oil and i put about 1.5 litres in.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #5

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks for taking the time to post in between two dives :D

As I wrote in the other thread - diesels are not oil eaters, while petrols are. My case is that I thought car is too new to "ask for oil".

Could be an issue, wont know until I see whether the consumption increases, decreases or remains as-is for the months to come. Still, any feedback from other 1.2 owners is appreciated.

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
No more diving until Monday when I will go to Cozumel, been on my bucket list for a while.
I have over the years always understood Diesel's to be the big users of oil so has this changed?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds