Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:top up oil level 4 years 10 months ago #19

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
https://www.kadjar-forum.de/index.php/Thread/2917-%C3%96lverbrauch-Kadjar-TCe-1-2-Baujahr-2016/
This is what I found on the German forum, but am 100% sure there was a long thread on you problem. Maybe it was in the old English forum. Not sure.

https://www.facebook.com/oilconsumption12tce/
Check this out. An entire Facebook group...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:top up oil level 4 years 10 months ago #20

• Boyko
  • Boyko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

https://www.kadjar-forum.de/index.php/Thread/2917-%C3%96lverbrauch-Kadjar-TCe-1-2-Baujahr-2016/
This is what I found on the German forum, but am 100% sure there was a long thread on you problem. Maybe it was in the old English forum. Not sure.

https://www.facebook.com/oilconsumption12tce/
Check this out. An entire Facebook group...

Thanks mate!

The german guy had similar symptoms, but is burning the oil at significantly higher rate - he mentions half a liter per 1000km or so, which is quite a lot. And then he did have an issue with compression on 4th cylinder, which is a different thing than the problem reported on the news article.

The facebook link is actually a page, I guess some frustrated owner decided to gather articles and clips related to the case there. I'd be great if it was a group as it would allow to exchange details with others on this.

To summarise: car is going in for "visual inspection" (the way dealer put it) hopefully in about 8-10 days, to see if there are any leaks. At that time I'll have added about 2000-2500km since topping up and will have a better estimate at the oil consumption rate. If there are no leaks (most likely so..), based on the german guys experience I'll ask them to verify cylinders compression and spark plugs condition. If that turns fine I guess I'm left with the options: drive and top up when needed hoping that its fine, or communicate to the dealer that there is a relatively known issue with those engines - something they'll most likely not want to acknowledge or address.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Re:Re:top up oil level 4 years 10 months ago #21

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
It's quite a strange story. If there's no compression in a cylinder, isn't it supposed to smoke blue from the exhaust and have uneven rythm or something like that... Same symptoms should be regarding problem with the turbocharger. Perhaps a search in the Megane sites and forums would pop up more info.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

top up oil level 4 years 10 months ago #22

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
One small point to remember is that most engines will find their own level when it comes to oil level, ie if you top up to the highest mark and find it goes down to say halfway and then stays there then that is where to leave it as adding oil will cost money for no benefit. If it continues to drop then maybe there is a problem, the oil level only needs to be between the two marks and constantly filling to the top mark will just cost money. I have learned this after driving trucks for 40+ years. It is probably worth trying as long as you keep an eye on the level until you are sure.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

top up oil level 4 years 10 months ago #23

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thats a good point, thanks!

In my case I had to top up the oil when the car alerted that there is no oil left.. there was a small drop at the very top of the stick. I filled up to a level in the middle of the two marks.

About to go on the trip I mentioned, will see how much it dropped when I get back.

Cheers,
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #24

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Follow up on this as well - they checked the car and didn't find any leaks (expected). Then I was told that Renault considers any oil consumption below 300ml per 1000km to be "normal" and "expected" for the 1.2 tce. In my case consumption is about 100-150ml per 1k km.

So for time being I'll just be driving as usual and keeping an eye on the oil.

Thinking to check options for different brand of oil on next service, see what they suggest that would preserve the warranty.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds