Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Re:Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #37

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
How does the electronic fuel gauge reads the fuel level in the tank ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re:Re:Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 6 months ago #38

• kenny009uk
  • kenny009uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
So this was fixed today. Apparently my software was out of date and had to be recalibrated. Now running software 9.0 and showing a full gauge of fuel.

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 6 months ago #39

• kenny009uk
So need to know something and ask if this happens to anyone else.

My car had 2 bars off the gauge and 105-110 miles on the range. After topping up 9-10 litres the gauge ,£10, the gauge stayed at 2 bars and the range didn’t move. Is this common for anyone else ?

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 5 months ago #40

• kenny009uk
Right another quick question to see if it has happened to anyone else.

I was driving on Thursday 19th Nov and range was sitting at 85 miles. Then suddent it jumped up to 140/150 mile range.

Have been driving a bit over the weekend.

Took the car to shops today - range sitting at 100 miles and then the petrol light comes on?

Is this a common thing or do I need to back to the dealers? Its driving my partner mental. Petrol cars seem to be absolute guzzlers.

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 5 months ago #41

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

I was driving on Thursday 19th Nov and range was sitting at 85 miles. Then suddent it jumped up to 140/150 mile range.

Took the car to shops today - range sitting at 100 miles and then the petrol light comes on?

Is this a common thing or do I need to back to the dealers? Its driving my partner mental. Petrol cars seem to be absolute guzzlers.

I'll start by saying mines just goes down naturally no jumping about if I hit a motorway it will slightly extended it and go down slower nothing major and light goes on around 50 or just below. When filled up all bars full not missing the last couple like I've read on other posts. Basically it works like I would expect it to work

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 5 months ago #42

• kenny009uk

I'll start by saying mines just goes down naturally no jumping about if I hit a motorway it will slightly extended it and go down slower nothing major and light goes on around 50 or just below. When filled up all bars full not missing the last couple like I've read on other posts. Basically it works like I would expect it to work

Mines since I had a software update about a month ago has been going down naturally. It only did the thing mentioned above once which was last week. I love the car but really dont know if this is a fault with the car or just the way it works with petrol. It will be the last time buying a petrol car anyway.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds