Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 2 months ago #211

• smartel
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Darenh,
I'm in v7 and I have the same problem with the camera guidelines. I tried to change in radvav 1.5, 2.5, 3, everywhere also in navigation but without success, the camera guidelines does not appear.
I tried to change car type from JPC to HFE without success. In tuning guidelines (from developer mode) if change the car type and calculate the guidelines the lines appear in preview camera but after save the car doesn't remain saved. Do you know another tricks? Br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 2 months ago #212

• Garibaldi1980

That’s a good question on NOT a U.K. variant. The only to check is to drop the tailgate cover and have a look at the connector in there.
The feeling is if it has reverse sensors then there’s a very good chance it will be cabled. As in the U.K.

If no reverse sensors fitted then it will need extra wiring.

But if you check out Kadjar Reverse Cameras if the banner is still at the top of the page, then he does kits for both, wires and not prewired. It’s all plug and play with great instructions. If you can pull a few covers off then you can fit the kit.

Thanks for the fast response. Actually, I checked the pre-wiring already - it doesn't exist, although I have front and rear parking sensors (even it is 360o parking sensors equipped)
The car was manufactured for DE market and purchased in DE.

So, I believe Kit 1 is for me.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 2 months ago #213

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
The wiring would be plugged into the 16 pin connector on the left hand side of the tail gate. It’s the only 16 pin connector there. The plug in kits can connect there if you have 6v power from Rlink present on certain pins

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 2 months ago #214

• Garibaldi1980

The wiring would be plugged into the 16 pin connector on the left hand side of the tail gate. It’s the only 16 pin connector there. The plug in kits can connect there if you have 6v power from Rlink present on certain pins

Hello,
it seems I have to detach the tail gait internal covering...in order to observe better the wiring.
I removed only the camera plate holder and couldn't see any free cable left, through the tail gate holes.

But it seems for sure, I have to place a new cable from tail gate to dashboard...which I didn't want to go through:)

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 2 months ago #215

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
It does seem like a mission. But it’s actually not too bad to do.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 2 months ago #216

• smartel
Hi guys,
Doesn't anyone know how to solve the problem with the guidelines that do not appear?

BR

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds