Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #157

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I have it too in Toolbox - hoping that its not some sort of error on Renaults end. Attempting to download to evaluate further, but the d/l seems to error out. Maybe their servers are overloaded.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #158

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm with version 3.3.16.961 and Toolbox states, the update is 3.3.16.960. My guess is, the RLink would reject it in my case, saying it's older than the actual one. The interesting thing is it's 1171 MB!

To me it also shows an error, but in my case it's the file system. So far, I've used NTFS and the update requests FAT32

EDIT: After inserting a FAT 32 flash drive, again an error. So Boyko si right. Probably overcrowded servers or a mistake on Renault's side... 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #159

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
My USB drive is FAT and still shows error.

I tried accessing their update server directly and it requires http auth (throws error code 401 / unauthorised) - I hope the Toolbox authorises cause if not then this is the error it sees too. The other option is that they can't handle all the requests, but I doubt that many owners are trying to d/l at this time :) who knows.

On the software version - its 3.3.16.960 for all - me, you.. the last digit supposedly depends on car specs - might be 1 (as for me), might be 4 or something else - but its essentially the same software.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #160

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, that's correct, but if it was a newer version than my current one, it should be a number bigger than 96X
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #161

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Yes, that's correct, but if it was a newer version than my current one, it should be a number bigger than 96X

I agree - don't worry, R-Link wont allow you to install update that is not for you - I've tried and it didn't work :)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #162

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The update, proposed by  Easy Connect  is half the size. I've already tried it before and it says I have a newer one installed. Previous to that,  they've released such update, wich was later withdrawn and I had it installed before the withdrawal.

I'm more like totally surprised. Hope they've finally made something for the V2. Just a few hours earlier, I installed the maps you provided on a my friend's (and colleague) Kadjar (via Teamviewer and skype - that's how I work :D ) and he was very charmed by the result. If I tell him now, there might be a legal solution for the AA, he'd be stunned.

What SW version number is the Easy Connect proposing to your VIN?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds