Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #169

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Cool down… Right one you arne not the only who downloading this update. My guess is all do that… Imagine what happen with server(s)… 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #170

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

My previous post seems to have been academic. I have tried downloading twice and both times it errored out, stuck at 1MB (0%). Maybe 3.3.16.960 into 3.3.16.961 doesn't go. No messages came up at all apart from a big red cross. The information (or lack of information) from Renault is frustrating (pisses you off). I would have thought there would have been some kind of message on MyRenault about this. Anybody who is not a member of this forum could spend years in pure ignorance. I hope this download works for those members who are still running Version 2, if so let us know. I'll stick with 3.3.16.961.

As we mentioned it in the previous posts, the download can't start. Red cross on all the guys trying to download, no matter wich version they have, 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #171

• franeti
  • Thank you received: 1
This update seems to be a fault from renault. 
People with 2.2.19.300 see how the rlink refuses this update. 
People with 3.3.16.961 are receiving this update...

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #172

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I see two possible scenarios here:

1. Someone @Renault forgot to remove the http auth protection on the web server that provides the update files. So the update is legit but we're not able to download it, yet.

2. Someone @Renault messed up with "who's getting which update" data, and now every R-Link is offered an update that they either already have or are not compatible with. So this is a mistake and there's no official 2->3 update.

Either way, someone @Renault did something wrong here.

Btw, I also read on the Romanian forum that the dealers received some "radio reprogramming' instructions (they call it "Actis 49605") that allows to upgrade 2.2 to 7. As per the thread there - this can only be applied by Renault dealers, as its not simple update but a reprogramming procedure that requires special hardware. Can't tell if legit - they're discussing it for days now and yet nobody seems to have confirmed they managed to get their car upgraded this way.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #173

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
Third possible scenario is that Renault have cottoned on to the map hacks and released a new software system that will make them unusable. TomTom systems used to do that and any hacked maps would be unusable. So maybe we have to tread warily before we update.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #174

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Third possible scenario is that Renault have cottoned on to the map hacks and released a new software system that will make them unusable. TomTom systems used to do that and any hacked maps would be unusable. So maybe we have to tread warily before we update.

So they released a "new" software that has the same version number as the old software, to owners that already have that version installed.

And they also released it in a way that do not allow for it to actually be downloaded and installed (in order to brick our 3rd party maps).

Knowing how long it usually takes for software updates for the R-Link to get released and having the so called "hacked" maps only for a few days now - this suggestion seems *highly* unlikely.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds