Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #187

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I still have the pending download for 3.3.16.960, and its still failing (same as earlier today).
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #188

• Hatala
  • Thank you received: 1
with me as well

Last edit: by Hatala.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #189

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I still have the pending download for 3.3.16.960, and its still failing (same as earlier today).

Would it be good to write a guideline how did you do it?

I was saying that I still have a (possibly false) system update showing up in the Toolbox, same as before.

Or do you mean how did I update from 2.2 to 3.3 as per my signature? There is an article / howto available here  - it is unofficial though, but works well and no one complained with any major issues so far. I myself am on 3.3.16.961 since Christmas and its been flawless so far.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serz

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #190

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I came across this image I find very interesting. It got uploaded on the Romanian forum:

If anything it shows that the R-Link Store is *aware* that a unit can have both 2.2 and 3.3 installed. Or maybe that 2.2 can be upgraded to 3.3? Anyway, I thought it's worth sharing.

Let me know what you make of this.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Boyko.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #191

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Boyko, I think you will understand...

ljubim ruku za sve što si doprinosio.

Do you maybe build new package with 2018.4? In my version, there are POI and extended POI... How to deal with that?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #192

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Boyko, I think you will understand...

ljubim ruku za sve što si doprinosio.

Do you maybe build new package with 2018.4? In my version, there are POI and extended POI... How to deal with that?

I just saw the link you attached to the other thread - downloading, it'll take a while (current eta 2 hours to d/l).

As for POI - the extended POI appears to be supplementary, use the other one (main one).

Btw, is there any particular road that you are looking to have on the map that is currently missing? You can check if its there on the latest HERE maps on their web site - https://wego.here.com/ - just to get to know if you'll get the benefit of having it with Q4.

I just packed the Q3 maps last w/e, and those are from end of September, so barely 5 months old. Not sure how its elsewhere, but here building roads is kinda slow, so I don't expect to have that much of changes / improvements from Q3 to Q4, given that it was winter season / holidays etc. Wonder if it's worth the effort to scrub our R-Link flash chips every so often or maybe wait for 2019.Q1?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds