Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #175

• ryanfitz1981
  • Thank you received: 2
So whats the difference between the download on this page: https://easyconnect.renault.co.uk/software-upgrade/r-link2 and using the R-Link 2 toolbox?

The website allows me to download the zipped file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #176

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
TomTom used to release a new operating system every now and then which rendered any hacked maps useless unless you knew how to re-patch them which fortunately I could but many people were left with bricked TomToms after paying for them on ebay etc especially the ones with Truck maps . The newer TomToms are unhackable so they are now offering cheap deals to buy new ones to stop losing money on the older ones.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #177

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

TomTom used to release a new operating system every now and then which rendered any hacked maps useless unless you knew how to re-patch them which fortunately I could but many people were left with bricked TomToms after paying for them on ebay etc especially the ones with Truck maps . The newer TomToms are unhackable so they are now offering cheap deals to buy new ones to stop losing money on the older ones.

Got u - wish they focus on delivering new / up-to-date maps instead of looking for ways to brick people's devices :) Yet still, I don't think its tom-tom messing with us with this update.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #178

• Hatala
  • Thank you received: 1
here is the download link for version 3.3.16.960 :  http://rvehconnecte.renault.com.frontcdn.lbn.fr/3-3-16-960/R-LINK.zip

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #179

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree but it could be Renault direct, lets hope its just co-incidence and it may be ok but for the time being I think I'll hold back from putting the USB stick in with the update, I am already running 3.3.16.961 successfully updated from 2.2. thanks to help on this forum. My Kadjar is 2016 so I only had a 1 year map update subscription. As you say it wouldn't be so bad if the maps were up to date. It will be interesting to see if there are any issues.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #180

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

here is the download link for version 3.3.16.960 :  http://rvehconnecte.renault.com.frontcdn.lbn.fr/3-3-16-960/R-LINK.zip

This is what Easy connect provides - its not the same. Size is only around 600mb, while the Toolbox file is supposed to be over 1gb. Reason could be that one is incremental upgrade and the other is major (from 2 to 3).
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds