Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #25

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
While ago we had a chat and you send me a link for OBD2 WiFi adapter... so far so good. But... I have experience that adapter works fine byitself and proposed application (can see parameters, RPM...). Even DDT4all recognize it and connect to car but then whatever I try just get: port disconected... try with all speeds, nothing, several ddt4all versions (include last one 5.0.5), same result
Is anything special to be attend on or just have tough luck with dongle?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #26

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I also struggled with this. Finally found out, that the instructions in other forums don't work as expected in my (our) case. My solution was as follows: Connect to vehicle through the ddt4all app. It shows some data been read. Afterwards do not attempt to find the specific menu manually. (If i tried to choose the menus manually from the dropdown buttons, it was showing me disconnecting error too). When initially connected, on the left middle screen of the app, there are some green lines of text. These are obviously the parameters, which can be read and manipulated. Click'em and search the desired menu through them. This way I've managed to find the settings I'm searching for and change them. All I'm explaining might differ a little bit, cause it's been a while and I don't remember the things clearly...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robertp

Last edit: by AOne.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #27

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So today I try same dongel on Modus and same story... But a friend of mine provide me another dongle (different manufactur) and work as expected. Also contact developer of ddt4all and he published a new version which should fix this error.
If you Interested...

todays’ update: with very same module and ddt4update (as I mentioned) programing went smoothly without any error.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Last edit: by Robertp.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #28

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Merry christmas guys!

I had some free today and I tried updating my rlink from 2.2.19.300 to 3.3.16.960 using the official R-LINK.zip file from Renaults download page. I googled another (newer) Kadjar's vin number and managed to download the zip, extracted on to a usb stick and tried updating, but as you can imagine - it didn't work.

The error as per the upgrade log files is:

[parser_matchfingerprint][284]Version info: devfingerprint [LGE/mm2014_gen11/mm2014_gen11:4.0.4/UNKNOWN/.20160530.185506:user/test-keys]

[parser_matchfingerprint][285]Version info: headfingerprint [LGE/mm2014_gen20/mm2014_gen20:4.0.4/UNKNOWN/.20170907.163621:user/test-keys svn=52193|3316960]

[parser_matchfingerprint][320]Higher version devver[1] headver[2]

[parser_openupgradefile][871]Mismatch generation[871]

[main_update][1077]parser_openupgradefile error : /vold/R-LINK/mm2014_upgrade.lgu[-1]

So for 3.3 they seem to be checking compatibility (generation) before flashing the update files, and for what the log says I have gen11 and trying to flash gen20. I checked my upgrade logs from previous upgrades (2.2.x to 2.2.y) and I don't see such checks there.
Given that some guys are already successfully flashing 3.3 software on 2.2 hardware I guess they either are upgrading (or downgrading) to a different version first, or they have a specially crafted update file (lgu).

Either way I just wanted to share that its not as simple as flashing the 3.3 zip :) I'll be digging further once I get the chance.

Happy holidays!
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Last edit: by Boyko.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #29

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I assume that hash or simmilar security check is in play... so guys calculate proper checksume based on VIN and build proper upgrade file... 

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #30

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

I assume that hash or simmilar security check is in play... so guys calculate proper checksume based on VIN and build proper upgrade file... 

I don't think so - they use the VIN only to identify which generation of R-LINK unit the car has, so they can provide the correct upgrade software for it. The zip files they provide for different VINs on the same hardware are identical.

They do have signature files for the upgrade but I believe this is only used to validate upgrade files integrity before flashing.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds